Header Ads

ad

(title unknown)

 
 

Sent to you by Rehan via Google Reader:

 
 

via Blogdorf Goodman by Annieytown on 5/18/09


La Mer The Treatment Powder Foundation SPF 15

I visited my local La Mer counter recently and was delighted to spot a tester unit with three spots that looked suspiciously like concealer slots. I tried to contain my excitement and eagerness since this was not a SA that I usually deal with. She would not have any clue that I have been waiting for YEARS for this specific product. My blurting out " Thank you baby Jesus" or doing a little jig will only alarm and confuse her. I tried to keep my cool and not ask 1000 questions.

So with glee and excitement I can blurt out that a concealer in three shades will arrive at your local La Mer counter in the fall. This product has been cooking at La Mer for years. I have high hopes that it will change my life.

While trying to be calm and ladylike at the La Mer counter, I spotted a new powder foundation. This little diddy promised that smoke and mirrors effect that is working so well for me. It contains "airspun seaborne particles", gemstones and radiant ferment. All work to optically blur imperfections and improve clarity and brightness.

It comes in a white plastic case with a mirrored top. It opens with ease and features a rose tinged mirror. The powder lifts up to reveal a compartment to house the powder sponge. There is a white grate on the bottom to let air whiz through. Common sense and thought went into the packaging. It is simple and sci-fi at the same time.

The powder texture is feather light and silky. It feels amazing on the skin. The coverage is medium to full. I have tested this without makeup. It provided fair coverage over my problem areas and did not settle or cake into any pores. It stayed fresh better than my loose La Mer powder.

It retails for $95 and is available at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman and http://www.lamer.com/. It comes in 8 shades: Porcelain, Ivory, Linen, Creme, Sand, Natural, Buff and Neutral.
Also read the great review at Makeup Bag. E is a huge fan!

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments