Header Ads

ad

Terrific Trailers: A L I E N

 
 

Sent to you by Rehan via Google Reader:

 
 

via Cinematical by Scott Weinberg on 5/20/09

It was only a matter of time before I pulled this one out, if only because Ridley Scott's A L I E N is my favorite film of all time and it has been for pretty much the whole of my life thus far. I could spend hours explaining why I love the film so much (as my close friends can no doubt attest), but a large portion of my favorite aspects are covered in this rather creepy trailer. Packed with pressured silences, bizarre sounds, flashing lights, and a mysteriously ferocious sense of menace, this trailer captures a lot of what makes the film work -- and there's no monster to be found anywhere in the clip, which I love.

Apparently the trailer did its job more than well enough. According to BOM, the film made just under $80 million in the summer of 1979. And I pity the man who decides it's time to remake this film. I will not be held responsible for my actions.


Filed under: , , , ,

Permalink | Email this | Comments


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments